worldlink api gaming

Development discussions regarding the core platform (MBBS/WG)
daniel_spain

worldlink api gaming

Post by daniel_spain »

so i was told there was a system in place for gaming to be done via worldlink? i got an idea and i want to see if it is possible.
i could even use the worldlink teleconference to accomplish this but if there is an api with some documentation and maybe
a skeleton module or two i would love to see it. we could even take it a step further and run a second worldlink server
as a game's interface and allow systems to link to it and play. what is out there in terms of worldlink gaming?

Questman

Re: worldlink api gaming

Post by Questman »

There were a few worldlink games. Let me dig around - it's been a while. I am not sure why they seem to have been abandoned!
Founder, The Major BBS Restoration Project
Owner, Elwynor Technologies ISV
Former Owner, Galacticomm IP (2005-2020)
Contributor, Galacticomm IP baseline

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

I will also have a look around but as far as I recall there is no specific worldlink API, let alone a gaming one.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

Duckula wrote:
> I will also have a look around but as far as I recall there is no specific
> worldlink API, let alone a gaming one.

yeah, years ago you could request skeleton modules from the gcomm bbs so i didnt know if any existed showing any worldlink game.
i was looking at the wl teleconference, it is possible to mod it into something i think. i was hoping for a more asynchronous server->client
communication because i need your data to update and be seen by all other elements in the instance for what i want to work to actually
work. for testing im gonna make a small gladiator-like game where everyone joins and just fights each other, each starting town will be seen
by all on the same server but the battlefield will be seen by all clients connected. i will see how it works and if it goes well i can use it to
make the big project i want to work on.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

Sounds good
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner