Tele-Arena Reborn

Tele-Arena discussions
daniel_spain

Tele-Arena Reborn

Post by daniel_spain »

This game here is a totally new ip by me coming with an entirely new interface. think of this as the MMO of text games. Loaded with a new map, daily quests, raids, crafting, and deep character customization this game will redefine the way we play text games.
It is in very early development with only a sysop playable version online but it is will be coming soon! I am seeking creative talent to join the design team so inbox me if interested!

daniel_spain

Re: Tele-Arena Reborn

Post by daniel_spain »

added a sub-class system.... so now when you pick a primary class you get to choose 1 of 3 sub-classes. this was done to give each class way more diversity. an example would be:

1. Warrior
2. Mage
3. Rogue
4. Priest
5. Archer

Select a class:

so you pick "1" for warrior

1. Savage
2. Defender
3. Paladin

Select a sub-class:

Savage is the "barbaric" warrior that can wield ANY weapon. in each hand but only wear cloth or hide armor. So he will deal very good damage but also take a pretty good amount.

Defender is more of your "knight" he focuses on defense can wield any weapon in one hand while holding a shield in the other and deals moderate damage but is very resilient.

Paladin is a hybrid warrior that can only hold one-handed blades and wear up to flexible metal armor but too can hold shields.

each class gets 3 choices just like this, and also new is a talent tree system every 5 levels you pick something, this too was added to fine tune your character to your play style. I will be posting full race and classes soon and hope to have a test game online sometime this spring.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

When creating a character you also choose a profession..... Blacksmithing, alchemy, etc..... ANYONE can gather resources but you can only have 1 crafting skill to preserve balance. Also each profession can do something special for your class that is unique... more on this later, I have some testing going on with the blacksmithing now and if al goes well it will release with the first test version.

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

so i have decided to completely reboot the Reborn project a second time.
now it has a somewhat story-driven theme so you at least know you are
doing something other than just killing another monster for exp.
goal of the game is to collect all the fragments of a shattered runestone,
and upon collecting all the "runes" you can enter the final areas of the game
"aka: the end game" where you will start a new leveling type of system as you
fight in the dark-dimension. of course you can go back and forth between the
2 dimensions if you want ot help your friends, etc.. but any paragon abilities
you get in the dark dimension only work there.
With this being said, you do not have to wait long because the engine is already done
i was actually creating a character tonight to test with.

there are 16 races, each with a unique skill, 5 primary classes each with 3 sub-classes
to choose from, and of those sub-classes as you level and customize your character from
a talent-tree system you will have 3 specialization trees to choose from.

Also as you level up you get to assign where you want your stat points so you can truly
customize your character to your own playstyle.

another thing is scripters vs live, this has been an argument for years so to combat that
areas will now spawn 1 of 3 types so an area that is great xp right now might not be
when it respawns which will give live players the advantage to stay moving for the best
xp. great things coming...... to be continued

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

i am in the process of having the first preview version online so users and sysops can see firsthand what is coming. this will be one of the, if not the biggest, multi-user dungeon ever created for worldgroup. it is a world with two dimensions (light and dark) and each dimension has its own fully stocked world complete with areas, monsters, etc.... and aside from map size it will be built using fundamentals of traditional mmo games complete with seasonal events, daily and weekly events, a full crafting system and gathering profession system, 16 races each with their own unique traits, 6 classes each with 3 subclasses, a specialization system during leveling to allow you to fine tune your character to your own playstyle, pvp events, invasion events, quests, a complete promotion leveling system that allows you to promote your character 4 times to a total level of 100 then when you are in the dark dimension you unlock paragon leveling that allows you to grow your character even further and unlock darkness abilities that only work within the dark dimension. and a whole lot more. in the upcoming preview version what you can do is create your character from 1 of the 16 races, create it's physical description, select 1 of the 18 possible subclasses, and get a look at the stat point assign system where you assign stat points to individual stats and each stat actually does beneficial things such as inventory slots, weight allowance, critical attack chance, spell critical chance, etc... then once you are in the game you will be able to explore the complete starting city and look at the different shop and get an idea of what is to come. what you will not be able to do is gain any experience and advance beyond level 1. this game is not just a reskin or a mod of the original this is a complete rewrite with completely new systems and behaviors but will still have that look and feel of the game you remember from long ago. i felt it was important to bring that franchise into the new age rather than come up with a brand new ip and so far it has been alot of fun and its gonna be really fun to play too because now you actually have goals and feel you are doing something rather than just gain levels and kill the same old monsters over and over again. the dynamic relairing system will always make areas infestations change from one monster type to the next so an area spawning something now might be completely different next go around and the night/day system also makes monsters behaviors change with the cycle so a peaceful forest with some humanoid enemies might become some savage beasts at night so it keeps you on your toes and always exploring new areas to adventure, and there are a bunch.