Adding ANSI Graphics to pages

A place for new Sysops to meet, discuss their setup and get help.
msteele999

Adding ANSI Graphics to pages

Post by msteele999 »

I have a new installation up and running and am wondering how to add ANSI style graphics (a banner of my BBS Name for example) to my BBS.

Is there a utility I run to edit the landing pages? Can I use a 3rd party tool like Moebius to create the images and then import them?

best regards,

Mark

BlaZ

Re: Adding ANSI Graphics to pages

Post by BlaZ »

Most of what you're looking for will be found in the Edit Text Blocks configuration tool (sometimes called CNF6 by old-schoolers). The preview of the text block will include a "WGSDRAW" button which will open the ANSI editor. If you want to import a file created in a different editor, you'd need to type ALT-L inside WGSDRAW and then type the path to your import file. Then save it as "CNF00000.ANS" and it will be imported into the .MSG file.

For menus, you'd use the Menu Tree Editor (WGSRUNMT.EXE) and on your menu page, select the "Edit the way this menu looks" option. That will also open WGSDRAW and whatever you create there will become the display page for that menu. There is a lot more information about this in the old Major BBS 6.2 System Operator's Manual located at themajorbbs.com/files. That manual was for the old DOS version of Major BBS but a lot of the information contained in it is still relevant in the NT versions.

Hop in the Teleconference if you have any problems and I'd be happy to help you.

BlaZ