Major BBS & MajorMud

A place for new Sysops to meet, discuss their setup and get help.
nibbana

Major BBS & MajorMud

Post by nibbana »

Is there a tutorial somewhere for how to install MegaMud on MajorBBS v10? I have experience with setting up and running on Worldgroup, I have not yet tried MajorBBS.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by nibbana on Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlaZ

Re: Major BBS & MegaMud

Post by BlaZ »

I assume you mean MajorMUD, not MegaMUD...as MegaMUD is just a scripting client for the game. I personally installed it back on WG 3.2 and then upgraded to MBBS10, so I'm not sure what the process is for installing it directly to MBBS10.

My understanding is that sos-bbs.net has MajorMUD in their file libraries, and that's what he used to install it to a fresh MBBS10 installation. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some better details on the process.

BlaZ

nibbana

Re: Major BBS & MajorMud

Post by nibbana »

Hello,

Sorry, yes, I did mistype the title. I have corrected it. Thank you for the reference. I will check it out.

nibbana

Post by nibbana »

So I have installed MajorMudv1.11p, but the option to enter my license key does not appear in the configuration editor. Any thoughts?

Khan

Post by Khan »

The zip file on my system, SOS-bbs.net, contains the installer and will run under Windows10.

When you first run the executable file you will be prompted with a warning "Windows protected your PC". Select "More Info" and then click "Run anyway". You'll be able to install as normal.

It will automatically install to C:\wgserv directory. This is good so long as you haven't installed MBBSv10 to this folder.
If not STOP as it could overwrite some files.
If you just installed MBBSv10 then this shouldn't be an issue.
Copy all files and sub folders to your BBS directory.
Do not allow windows to overwrite files that you have modified.

Once installed to your MBBS directory open "Security and Accounting" and navigate to "WCCMMUD" to enter your activation code.

Then finally enter your menu tree editor (wgsrunmt.exe) and add MajorMUD to your menu in your preferred location.

Now you should be good to start up your BBS and play MajorMUD.
Making the simple complex...

nibbana

Post by nibbana »

Thank you for all of your time and help so far Blaz and Kahn. I have followed these steps and I keep ending up in the same situation as previous attempts. Some MajorMUD components show, such as in Text Blocks, but not the ones in Security and Accounting.

I am just posting this in the event someone else has run into this issue and/or knows what step I am missing here.

Thank you.

BlaZ

Post by BlaZ »

Are you opening the CNF editor that shows all the types of settings at once? If so, it won't work. Make sure it is ONLY opening the security and accounting settings. I forget the exact command line for that, but there should be a Security & Accounting shortcut under The Major BBS. If yours didn't install that way, let me know and I'll look up the exact command line to load it correctly.

BlaZ

daniel_spain

Post by daniel_spain »

nibbana wrote:
> Thank you for all of your time and help so far Blaz and Kahn. I have
> followed these steps and I keep ending up in the same situation as previous
> attempts. Some MajorMUD components show, such as in Text Blocks, but not
> the ones in Security and Accounting.
>
> I am just posting this in the event someone else has run into this issue
> and/or knows what step I am missing here.
>
> Thank you.

do you have all the message files there? if you see the text blocks you see all of level 6
levels 3 and 4 are in their own "configuration panel" in the win32 worldgroup it was

"Edit text blocks" - level6
"Security & accounting" - level3
"Configuration options" - level4

not sure if they changed it in m10.