Congrats on Project Phoenix!

General chat not related to other community topics
enusbaum

Congrats on Project Phoenix!

Post by enusbaum »

Hey -- just wanted to poke in and say congrats on breathing some fresh life into this project. The road map looks great and I'm excited to see what comes!

We just announced earlier this past week as well our intention of Open Sourcing MBBSEmu on Github in the coming weeks in order to garner more community involvement.

Exciting times for MBBS/WG enthusiasts to be sure! If there's any way our project or I can directly help with Project Phoenix, please let me know!
Developer, Reverse Engineer, MBBS/WG Enthusiast
Maintainer of The MajorBBS Emulation Project (MBBSEmu)

Duckula

Re: Congrats on Project Phoenix!

Post by Duckula »

Thanks for the support.

We are excited about the plans ahead but are mindful of getting it right. There is no intention to over commit and under deliver, in fact as the new website indicates, this will not be an overnight process.

The goal is to get the community to help drive the direction, so hopefully we can get as many sysops and users involved as possible.

Congrats on your open sourcing! i think an open source model is really valuable for community projects.

At the moment what is needed most is community involvement, so if you could help spread the word and direct people to the new site and forums that would be great.

After that we will likely need developers to help but that will be once a defined plan is in place for what exactly needs developing.

Thanks for reaching out.

dialsoft

Post by dialsoft »

Phoenix was a project that Joe deletko had at Galacticomm right before the demise.

Duckula

Post by Duckula »

That's correct and the reason it was chosen!

Project Phoenix was the name given to a Galacticomm project (headed up by Joe as you said) to move the code base away from Borland to Microsoft Visual C.
-- Duckula

// Site admin
// Galacticomm IP owner