Telnet clients recommendations?

General discussion regarding the project.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Locutus

Telnet clients recommendations?

Post by Locutus »

Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a telnet client I can use on Windows Vista/7 for telnetting where I can use macros and maybe have the ability for file transfer? Thanks.

Rigoletto

Re: Telnet clients recommendations?

Post by Rigoletto »

Locutus wrote:Hi all,

Could anyone recommend a telnet client I can use on Windows Vista/7 for telnetting where I can use macros and maybe have the ability for file transfer? Thanks.
I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

NetTerm
ZOC
Zmud

I know the 3 above allow you to assign macros to function keys and will do file transfers. All of them are unrestricted shareware products. They should all be available for download at download.com.

I use ZOC myself, it has an autoreply feature I find useful in playing Swords of Chaos.

Franchise_24

Re: Telnet clients recommendations?

Post by Franchise_24 »

Locutus wrote:Hi all,

I would personally recommend mTelnet. It uses macros as well, and has Y/Z modem up and down capabilities. Overall great package.

Junior1544

Post by Junior1544 »

Locutus wrote: Hi all,

Personally, I use ZMud.. it's got a triggers setup that makes things work very well.. I can make zmud do just about anything inside of Tele-Arena...

Good luck.
--Junior
[url=Telnet://bbs.dragonskeep.isasecret.com]Telnet://bbs.dragonskeep.isasecret.com[/url]