Anyone run WG2.0 and use sync as a door server?

Major BBS or Worldgroup - get and give support here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Drex

Anyone run WG2.0 and use sync as a door server?

Post by Drex »

Not sure why its not working, followed the doormud doc but can only rlogin via main puter, setup option doors - rlogin "l 192.168.1.x %U %U ansi"
wont connect though the board. Anyone know what settings have to be changed in the config options 1,2,3,4 ? (turn on turn off etc.)

dspain

Re: Anyone run WG2.0 and use sync as a door server?

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:Not sure why its not working, followed the doormud doc but can only rlogin via main puter, setup option doors - rlogin "l 192.168.1.x %U %U ansi"
wont connect though the board. Anyone know what settings have to be changed in the config options 1,2,3,4 ? (turn on turn off etc.)
are you allowing rlogin connections?

is the port 513?

Drex

Post by Drex »

Rlogin was set to NO, switched to YES but still can't pass paramaters to the sycn. server, still get the
username
username on sync.
ansi
extra paramater to pass

connecting.... connection failed to open 192.168.1.x 513

Sych. server is set to only allow the ip of the WG (2.0)server to connect to it.

Malakai
Post by Malakai »

i don't have access to my old server at the moment, but it may have something to do with the consecutive amount of commands you can enter at one time. Each parameter you pass on to the rlogin server will be included as a command. There is an option for that but not sure where it's at. I remember having to do this to pass the commands through to the DMA server.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:Rlogin was set to NO, switched to YES but still can't pass paramaters to the sycn. server, still get the
username
username on sync.
ansi
extra paramater to pass

connecting.... connection failed to open 192.168.1.x 513

Sych. server is set to only allow the ip of the WG (2.0)server to connect to it.
dont supply the 513, unless you're using my rlogin client port 513 is a constant passed, if using mine you supply -p#

"l 192.168.1.100 %u %u ANSI" worked on my end.

Drex

Post by Drex »

Thats all I have in thier,

"l 192.168.1.X %u %u ANSI" worked on my end.

its picking up the 513 from config4 option (513)

I did do this right? menu option 5 doors and then on doors page, module-rlogin and the above ""l 192.168.1.X %u %u ANSI"

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:Thats all I have in thier,

"l 192.168.1.X %u %u ANSI" worked on my end.

its picking up the 513 from config4 option (513)

I did do this right? menu option 5 doors and then on doors page, module-rlogin and the above ""l 192.168.1.X %u %u ANSI"
keep in mind that option is for Major TCP/IP

for WGNT its simply "192.168.1.100"

Drex

Post by Drex »

Running old school WG 2.0 DOS. Tried most things and nothing works, thanks for all the suggestions/help on this. :(

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

It's been a while since I used MajorTCP so I am reading through the docs now. It looks like you want to use the L/S or L/K option rather than the L option. If I am reading this right, this enables special commands and will allow Rlogin to query the BBS for the user ID. Otherwise, %u isn't picking up any info to pass through.

You may have to put a menu option for users to create internet IDs in Rlogin for this to work. Or use %ud instead of %u and Rlogin will prompt the user to create one if it is needed. This is for connection to a UNIX machine so it may not be necessary. But I do remember having to do this back in the dark ages when internet connectivity first started hitting the BBSes.

So try this first:
l/k 192.168.1.X %u %u ANSI

And if that doesn't work, try this:
l/k 192.168.1.X %ud %ud ANSI
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Drex

Post by Drex »

Thanks for the tips but nothing seems to work, even installed gamesrv tonight and no luck with it. I'll put this to rest (like I did in 97 - found some posts on here by me about this) maybe Ill find a 60' null modem cable and find my old Uart cards..thanks for all attempts.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

I'll dig up my old wg2 box and check it. I had it rloging into a tw gameserver successfully so I can at least check the command line for it. May turn out the problem is with the synchro settings rather than the majortcp settings.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Drex

Post by Drex »

Ok Cool :D

Drex

Post by Drex »

Well finally got this woking, but just a question to anyone who runsWG2.0 - it think i read somewhere that this can be on the same server as worldgroup?(2.0) Anyone run it this way without another box?

VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

Drex wrote:Well finally got this woking, but just a question to anyone who runsWG2.0 - it think i read somewhere that this can be on the same server as worldgroup?(2.0) Anyone run it this way without another box?
I'd bet you could, but you'd end up with a lot of lag I'd think. All depends on how you do it.
Do you run WG2 in windows? If you do, you probably have a lot of cpu usage while the boards up. That, I'd think, would cause Sync to lag to hell. But, yes, i'd say its possible. Just dont enable rlogin on both sync and wg, and dont enable telnet in both wg and sync.
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

dspain

Post by dspain »

VeNoM wrote:
Drex wrote:Well finally got this woking, but just a question to anyone who runsWG2.0 - it think i read somewhere that this can be on the same server as worldgroup?(2.0) Anyone run it this way without another box?
I'd bet you could, but you'd end up with a lot of lag I'd think. All depends on how you do it.
Do you run WG2 in windows? If you do, you probably have a lot of cpu usage while the boards up. That, I'd think, would cause Sync to lag to hell. But, yes, i'd say its possible. Just dont enable rlogin on both sync and wg, and dont enable telnet in both wg and sync.
well even with rlogin not enabled it will use up the port, i found it easier to use my rlogin replacement and just set the port to like 612 or something off the wall.

i have had them run side by side before on the same machine using wg3, never wg2.

i have just recently put a wg2 server up to play with my new tele-arena engine, if i get time il ltry some playing around with it.