Update

Tele-Arena GOLD, Tele-Arena II, and new Tele-Arena games.

Moderators: Questman, Mod Squad

dspain

Update

Post by dspain »

changed the punishment system.

it now only executes on disconnect, not player exit. now instead of the monsters getting a free attack you lose 1% of experience per hostile monster in the room.

this option can be turned on or off but i must warn you there will be noithing to prevent players from being penalized for using relog or quick logoff macros to evade being killed.

VeNoM

Re: Update

Post by VeNoM »

dspain wrote:changed the punishment system.

it now only executes on disconnect, not player exit. now instead of the monsters getting a free attack you lose 1% of experience per hostile monster in the room.

this option can be turned on or off but i must warn you there will be noithing to prevent players from being penalized for using relog or quick logoff macros to evade being killed.
What happens if the player loses connection for some other reason, like a telnet disconnect, or the board crashing?
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

dspain

Re: Update

Post by dspain »

VeNoM wrote:
dspain wrote:changed the punishment system.

What happens if the player loses connection for some other reason, like a telnet disconnect, or the board crashing?
like all games including majormud there is no way to determine
if its a disconnect or a relog. if i made it only on disconnects and not global logoff/relog options people could just exit from their term program and the server will treat it like a normal disconnect.
this option can be turned on and off.

VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

Not questioning its functionality.. Just trying to help identify potential problems with it is all.

Leaving it optional should satisfy most.
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Where ya been Dan? Haven't heard any TA updates in awhile...

dspain

Post by dspain »

Franchise_24 wrote:Where ya been Dan? Haven't heard any TA updates in awhile...
been right here.

nothing to update, engine is complete, just removing old unused variables and routines and cleaning out unused message blocks, then ill compile a final.

name changed from Tele-Arena 6.0 to Tele-Arena REBORN 1.0
it will play the same as the original nothing fancy a few perks and modifications from the original like the way stuff in shops is listed but nothing too fancy.

an optional pvp system will be added which can be turned on/off or you can use the original pvp methods.

support for a player guild system was added but wouldnt be added for a few versions.

version 1.00 will be basically a vanilla tele-arena game and ill go from there.

Drex

Post by Drex »

dspain wrote:
Awww, I liked 6.0 or Tele-Arena 2010 would be cool... as long as its not
Tele-Arena Vanilla 1.0 :)

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:
dspain wrote:
yeah 6.0 would have been the best route, since after all 5.6 was technically the last one 5.7 was a joke.
and my intention is to pick up where Sean left off.

i did it in a modified wg2 version called 5.8 but this one im doing now is a complete rewrite and all new database system.

so tele-arena reborn is its official name but we'll all call it just tele-arena so its mainly more of a technicality than a name.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

dspain wrote:
Drex wrote:
dspain wrote:
yeah 6.0 would have been the best route, since after all 5.6 was technically the last one 5.7 was a joke.

i did it in a modified wg2 version called 5.8 but this one im doing now is a complete rewrite and all new database system.

so tele-arena reborn is its official name but we'll all call it just tele-arena so its mainly more of a technicality than a name.
Are you still planning on recoding the old tele arena like I've read on here before, not like the total rewrite you're doing now, but a recoding of the last playable tele arena, 5.6?

Also, how close to a release for reborn? This year?

Questman

Post by Questman »

I have the original Tele-Arena project in the works at Elwynor. It's actually done and appears to work. I just have to rejigger the libraries so it can coexist on systems with TA2 instead of sharing libs.

Dan and I will be working on a new TA-related game.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Questman wrote:I have the original Tele-Arena project in the works at Elwynor. It's actually done and appears to work. I just have to rejigger the libraries so it can coexist on systems with TA2 instead of sharing libs.

When can I get a demo copy of the orig so I can get it running?

dspain

Post by dspain »

Franchise_24 wrote:
dspain wrote:
Drex wrote: Awww, I liked 6.0 or Tele-Arena 2010 would be cool... as long as its not

Are you still planning on recoding the old tele arena like I've read on here before, not like the total rewrite you're doing now, but a recoding of the last playable tele arena, 5.6?

Also, how close to a release for reborn? This year?
i have converters that will be ready launch day, as well as core world data that can be freely downloaded that will allow reborn to play 100% identical to original with stone passages being the last area, and you can mod it from there to "continue" or you can freely download blank datafiles and write your own game from scratch. i also have a ta97 data set in the works for sysops that wanna play a game with those areas.

my database engine pretty much allows you to do anything including play online via an active-html interface.
only thing i dont support is c/s modules.
i never could get the silver widget pack.

my game is ready to go, im just cleaning it up now.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Franchise_24 wrote:
Questman wrote:I have the original Tele-Arena project in the works at Elwynor. It's actually done and appears to work. I just have to rejigger the libraries so it can coexist on systems with TA2 instead of sharing libs.

When can I get a demo copy of the orig so I can get it running?
the original codebase only comes in DEMO mode if compiled to do so.

#define DEMO was marked out in version 4.xx

i'll compile one and test it out and see if it does what i think it will do.

my galgsbl.dll got lost and im waiting on a new one for rick that way i can also begin the wg2 version of reborn

Questman

Post by Questman »

It will work the same way all Elwynor modules work. It'll fully function for a short time.

Krayzie_Jackson

Post by Krayzie_Jackson »

Just wondering how can one play this new version, is there a playable demo available or anything?

Is it on a BBS somewhere I can connect to?

I've been itching for some classic Tele-Arena for a long long time, and this has brought much hope to me.

I love Vanilla Tele it brings back a ton of memories :)

dspain

Post by dspain »

Krayzie_Jackson wrote:Just wondering how can one play this new version, is there a playable demo available or anything?

I've been itching for some classic Tele-Arena for a long long time, and this has brought much hope to me.

yeah its finished putting together a server now for it to run on

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

dspain wrote:
Krayzie_Jackson wrote:Just wondering how can one play this new version, is there a playable demo available or anything?

When will it be available to purchase? Ive got donations sitting in my account for the game and waiting to buy it...

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

Franchise_24 wrote:
dspain wrote:

When will it be available to purchase? Ive got donations sitting in my account for the game and waiting to buy it...
programmers saying,
we shall sell no software before it's time.