Version 5.00

dspain

Version 5.00

Post by dspain »

Version 5.00 was compiled tonight, this is a cleanup version and the gag feature was removed.

other than that its the same addon and the same price.

$20 USD

Drex

Post by Drex »

Might be better to add a little info, for those who don't know.

MBBS - N/A
WG1.0 - N/A
WG2.0 - $20
WGNT - $20

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:Might be better to add a little info, for those who don't know.

MBBS - N/A
WG1.0 - N/A
WG2.0 - $20
WGNT - $20
same price with the way bbsing is nowadays i dont see a need to seperate the versions know what i mean.

global chat is 20 dollars on all platforms.

the only time this changes is on some of my game engines i have limitations on the dos versions that nt doesnt restrict me too so the dos version is cheaper.

Drex

Post by Drex »

Yeah wasnt really meaning the price(s) just what flavour of software its avaible for. As you know Rick has converted some software but its not for all versions (lot of WGNT(3) but was just a thought. 8)

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:Yeah wasnt really meaning the price(s) just what flavour of software its avaible for. As you know Rick has converted some software but its not for all versions (lot of WGNT(3) but was just a thought. 8)
yeah i support all platforms with my modules and only limited to wgnt if its the sql stuff.

Drex

Post by Drex »

dspain wrote: yeah i support all platforms with my modules and only limited to wgnt if its the sql stuff.

Cool when can we grab a copy of the new TA?? (WG2.0 DOS)

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:
dspain wrote: yeah i support all platforms with my modules and only limited to wgnt if its the sql stuff.

Once testing is complete. Probably summer.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Is it possible for the global chat to be keyed to...

gos
goss
gossi
gossip

So that sayyy systems with multiple majormud realms could intercept majormuds localized game gossip and spread it around all realms running?

I'm sure its meant to have just a single character before it like globals in the past but was wondering if this would introduce some flexibility for systems who can't merge the realms but want the player interaction... kind of a sneaky way?

dspain

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:Is it possible for the global chat to be keyed to...

gos
goss
gossi
gossip

So that sayyy systems with multiple majormud realms could intercept majormuds localized game gossip and spread it around all realms running?

I'm sure its meant to have just a single character before it like globals in the past but was wondering if this would introduce some flexibility for systems who can't merge the realms but want the player interaction... kind of a sneaky way?
you talking about global chat or global gossip?

it has alot of flexibility.

anyone in the game types:
/gossip hello

then:

ice (MajorMud) says: hello
sysop (MajorMud II) says: hello
klystron (MajorMud III) says: hello

i could change it to if((same to(margv[0],"gossip"))
which would then accept "g" "go" "gos" "goss" "gossi" and "gossip"

dspain

Post by dspain »

Drex wrote:

compiled a fresh copy today and got it on a wg2 bbs running just fine, hoping for a beta release soon.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

dspain wrote:

gos
goss
gossi
gossip

/gossip hello

then:

Well what I was hoping to do is when someone types "gossip" (or a shorteneed version of the word) in the game... I was hoping the module would be able to intercept that and broadcast it globally... instead of needing like a , ` / . before typing something globally...

the goal is to run two majormuds (or I guess a dozen if wanted) on the same bbs... and more or less interconnect the gossip by intercepting the majormud gossip command using the global chat package as the means... I want to keep people connected without having to think about it...

I just wasn't sure if instead of using a single character to signal the module to intercept it, that I could use "gos" so anyone typing in the game is forcefully sent global so people can chat back and forth between games without anyone thinking about it... a forced global gossip...

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Oh I forgot to mention... it has to start at "gos" because some commands like "go hole" or "go path" would be interrupted and not available in the game or for other things on the BBS...

so yeah if there is a way to have it use gos-gossip that would be ideal for what I am attempting to do here...

dspain

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:
dspain wrote:

gos
goss
gossi
gossip

/gossip hello

then:

Well what I was hoping to do is when someone types "gossip" (or a shorteneed version of the word) in the game... I was hoping the module would be able to intercept that and broadcast it globally... instead of needing like a , ` / . before typing something globally...

the goal is to run two majormuds (or I guess a dozen if wanted) on the same bbs... and more or less interconnect the gossip by intercepting the majormud gossip command using the global chat package as the means... I want to keep people connected without having to think about it...

I just wasn't sure if instead of using a single character to signal the module to intercept it, that I could use "gos" so anyone typing in the game is forcefully sent global so people can chat back and forth between games without anyone thinking about it... a forced global gossip...
when doing a global command a return of 1 stops any execution from proceeding and 0 does not.

that's how it knows it found a global command, now i need to see which gets checked first the module or the global.

i'll make a dummy program and duplicate some teleconference commands
in global form and enter tele and see which executes first.

the command string itself would be easy make it a string of up to say 10 characters and let the sysop decide.

do you could do /gossip gossip 'gossip ;gossip whatever and have it check from the first 3 characters on...

if((margc>1) && (strlen(margv[0]>2) && (sameto(margv[0],string)))
{
return(blah());
}

with that if your command string is "gossip" it would check against "gos+"

dspain

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:Oh I forgot to mention... it has to start at "gos" because some commands like "go hole" or "go path" would be interrupted and not available in the game or for other things on the BBS...

so yeah if there is a way to have it use gos-gossip that would be ideal for what I am attempting to do here...
well sameto would break at the space, it needs whole words

so sameto("go","gossip") would return yes but sameto("go hole","gossip") would return no.