GALSMTP

General discussion regarding the project.

Moderator: Mod Squad

dspain

GALSMTP

Post by dspain »

the new SMTP engine for WGNT is now finished, i ran some last minute tests this afternoon, i sent from my wg server directly to my msn email account and received the response right back.

the new options are in level 4 config.

USEHOST - set this to yes to enable the use of a relay server
SMTSMRT - set this to your relay server (ie: smtp.comcast.net)
SMTPORT - set this to the port used by your relay server (ie: 25)
USEAUTH - set this to yes to enable login authentication
USRNAME - this is the name used to login (ie: you@comcast.net)
PASSWORD - this is the password for the login name

for my config using comcast.net i used the following settings:

USEHOST: YES
SMTSMRT: smtp.comcast.net
SMTPORT: 587
USEAUTH: YES
USERNAME: my comcast.net email address
PASSWORD: my comcast.net password

these should work with any relay server ran by any isp, if not let me know i will run some additional tests.

i also modified the smtp receiving engine to be able to specify the port to receive email traffic on.

and added some extra audit trail and file logging options, as well as removed some leftover unused things from previous releases.

some things i need to get around to testing is sending files via smtp but it should work.

this module sells for $25 and i think is a good price for being able to offer full smtp options.

let me know if interested.

also when i do the pop3 revisions they will be included in the "Email" package which is what ya get for 25.

Iceman

Re: GALSMTP

Post by Iceman »

dspain wrote:the new SMTP engine for WGNT is now finished, i ran some last minute tests this afternoon, i sent from my wg server directly to my msn email account and received the response right back.

these should work with any relay server ran by any isp, if not let me know i will run some additional tests.

i also modified the smtp receiving engine to be able to specify the port to receive email traffic on.

and added some extra audit trail and file logging options, as well as removed some leftover unused things from previous releases.

some things i need to get around to testing is sending files via smtp but it should work.

this module sells for $25 and i think is a good price for being able to offer full smtp options.

also when i do the pop3 revisions they will be included in the "Email" package which is what ya get for 25.
I'm ready to buy, paypal or other method let me know, and which information you need, registration number I assume?

dspain

Re: GALSMTP

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:
dspain wrote:the new SMTP engine for WGNT is now finished, i ran some last minute tests this afternoon, i sent from my wg server directly to my msn email account and received the response right back.

I'm ready to buy, paypal or other method let me know, and which information you need, registration number I assume?
yeah your reg#. i use payoneer.com (cannot use paypal due to contract with payoneer) just submit the payment to karma118@hotmail.com

what isp you use? it is tested on comcast but should work on anything else.