Setting up WG

Major BBS or Worldgroup - get and give support here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Tsagoth

Setting up WG

Post by Tsagoth »

So I dusted off my old WG installation and tried launching it under the DOS box in WIN XP. I had to fix a couple of things and I did get the Menu to launch. I can go in and do all the config stuff but when I try to launch the bbs, it looks like maybe Btrieve is blowing it's brains out. My Btrieve kit is only the DOS one, so it's no help.

This is WG 1.0 I'm using. Does it work under XP, or do I need to go and put it on a Win98 box ?

Assuming I get it working, what's the deal about getting upgrades, like six-packs ? Are they free ? How's that stuff work now ? I have a legit reg code, and if I can make it work I'd want to add in tcp/ip, either ico or whatever there is.

Toyduck

Re: Setting up WG

Post by Toyduck »

Tsagoth wrote:So I dusted off my old WG installation and tried launching it under the DOS box in WIN XP. I had to fix a couple of things and I did get the Menu to launch. I can go in and do all the config stuff but when I try to launch the bbs, it looks like maybe Btrieve is blowing it's brains out. My Btrieve kit is only the DOS one, so it's no help.

This is WG 1.0 I'm using. Does it work under XP, or do I need to go and put it on a Win98 box ?

Assuming I get it working, what's the deal about getting upgrades, like six-packs ? Are they free ? How's that stuff work now ? I have a legit reg code, and if I can make it work I'd want to add in tcp/ip, either ico or whatever there is.
Get with Questman and/or dspain and see if you can get a copy of WG2.0. The code and key for 1.0 also work dor 2.0. It will be easier to set up also.

Toyduck