Virgin copy of MBBS 6.25 Found

General discussion regarding the project.

Moderator: Mod Squad

bposner

Virgin copy of MBBS 6.25 Found

Post by bposner »

I found a shrink-wrapped MBBS 6.25 box last night. I'd love to set it up, but don't want to break the seal. I also found a 1.0 20 user system too.

dspain

Re: Virgin copy of MBBS 6.25 Found

Post by dspain »

bposner wrote:I found a shrink-wrapped MBBS 6.25 box last night. I'd love to set it up, but don't want to break the seal. I also found a 1.0 20 user system too.
i got base installers for all of em but before mbbs v6.25 so anything you find mbbs v6.0,5.x,4.x i'd love to talk to ya about.

i got CD's for everything except wg 1 and 2 and mbbs came on 3.5 disks got some of those too hehe

so wg 1 cd, wg2 cd interested in if they ever made one.

SwK

Post by SwK »

I still have my WG Floppies around here somewhere if I can find them... need to to find them as I never went to the windows version...

dspain

Post by dspain »

SwK wrote:I still have my WG Floppies around here somewhere if I can find them... need to to find them as I never went to the windows version...
yeah i finally got my wg/mbbs server archives updated only missing pre mbbs 6.25

Toyduck

Post by Toyduck »

dspain wrote: yeah i finally got my wg/mbbs server archives updated only missing pre mbbs 6.25
I might still have my 5.0 and possibly earlier disks if you are interested.

I have the 6.25 disk, but one disk is bad.

Toyduck

dspain

Post by dspain »

Toyduck wrote:
dspain wrote: yeah i finally got my wg/mbbs server archives updated only missing pre mbbs 6.25

Toyduck
i got 6.25 the original install, and src install.
i got the 6.0 src but not the original installer, and nothing pre v6.0

my site gets close to 1200 hits a day, jesus is there that many people looking to download wg stuff still? lol

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

dspain wrote:
Toyduck wrote:

Toyduck

my site gets close to 1200 hits a day, jesus is there that many people looking to download wg stuff still? lol
beats me, my account seems to be gone now.

dspain

Post by dspain »

frcorey wrote:
dspain wrote:
Toyduck wrote: I might still have my 5.0 and possibly earlier disks if you are interested.

Toyduck

beats me, my account seems to be gone now.
the conversion to 4.0 went bad, was easier to make em start from scratch.
sorry.

Toyduck

Post by Toyduck »

dspain wrote:
Toyduck wrote:

Toyduck

OK, everything pre 6.25 is 5.25", at least the stuff I have. I will see if I can find a drive and see if they are still any good. I found packages with some 4.0, all of 5.0 and 6.0, and 6.25. They all look complete (orig package,disks, etc.). I just don't know if time was gentle on them :).

efgosser

Post by efgosser »

I have Origanal MBBS v6.12, v6.20, v6.25 and I think v6.0 whitch cam on 5.25 floppys. I would like to get copies of any older versions. for my collection, Even if burned to a CD. I also have WG v1.01, v2.0, v3.0, v3.12, v3.20, WG v1.01 unix. I also got a demo CD from Gcom with a bunch of stuff on it... Only The big ones. Ha I have WG v3.0 and it came with addons from gcomm. the file names are "product.0lk" as far as I can see it uses "gunlok.exe" and it is a zip type file. does anyone have any info for useing it, It asks for a code to access the archive.
Restore Major BBS

dspain

Post by dspain »

efgosser wrote:I have Origanal MBBS v6.12, v6.20, v6.25 and I think v6.0 whitch cam on 5.25 floppys. I would like to get copies of any older versions. for my collection, Even if burned to a CD. I also have WG v1.01, v2.0, v3.0, v3.12, v3.20, WG v1.01 unix. I also got a demo CD from Gcom with a bunch of stuff on it... Only The big ones. Ha I have WG v3.0 and it came with addons from gcomm. the file names are "product.0lk" as far as I can see it uses "gunlok.exe" and it is a zip type file. does anyone have any info for useing it, It asks for a code to access the archive.
the code i have for the lock files was issued to me from galacticomm inc back in the days, but i didnt buy them all, the ones i unlocked i put on my site they required activation codes but the demos are there. for your collection i also have the rare wg 3.13 which comes in dos or nt and the 3.12 for dos. download whatever ya want.

corvey

Post by corvey »

efgosser wrote:I have Origanal MBBS v6.12, v6.20, v6.25 and I think v6.0 whitch cam on 5.25 floppys. I would like to get copies of any older versions. for my collection, Even if burned to a CD. I also have WG v1.01, v2.0, v3.0, v3.12, v3.20, WG v1.01 unix. I also got a demo CD from Gcom with a bunch of stuff on it... Only The big ones. Ha I have WG v3.0 and it came with addons from gcomm. the file names are "product.0lk" as far as I can see it uses "gunlok.exe" and it is a zip type file. does anyone have any info for useing it, It asks for a code to access the archive.

Will WG v1.01 unix run on a linux system? Can I get that version from you?

dspain

Post by dspain »

corvey wrote:

im not sure i use mandriva linux, and never tried it. if i had to guess i'd say no unless you had an older build of linux, but im not a linux guru either so i could be wrong.

dspain

Post by dspain »

corvey wrote:

goto my site and pull the wg 1.01 for unix iso. my site is back up.

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

corvey wrote:

prolly not, the modern linux kernel is completly different from what it was developed on.
it might run partia;y and/or freak after a while.
I see this a lot with older linux software.
I think the linux version is a type 1 ELF binary.
I have unixware and am thinking about trying that
version.

dspain

Post by dspain »

frcorey wrote:
corvey wrote:

prolly not, the modern linux kernel is completly different from what it was developed on.
it might run partia;y and/or freak after a while.
I see this a lot with older linux software.
I think the linux version is a type 1 ELF binary.
I have unixware and am thinking about trying that
version.
yeah it needs the older unix binaries. i have an old unix o/s but its more for keepsake than anything else. i like mandriva linux, its a pretty good build.

corvey

Post by corvey »

dspain wrote:
corvey wrote:

I'm new here so I really don't know where YOUR site is. Can you tell me the address?

dspain

Post by dspain »

corvey wrote:
dspain wrote:
corvey wrote:

I'm new here so I really don't know where YOUR site is. Can you tell me the address?
arcticzone.dyndns.org

telnetting in to port 23 will take you to the support bbs 50 to the entertainment bbs.

i do believe i have web access to the support bbs on default 80.
if you come in on web and are on the wrong server lemme know so i can send you the https redirect link

Questman

Post by Questman »

WG1.01 probably will not function on modern Linux kernels.

It was built for 2.2/2.3

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

Questman wrote:WG1.01 probably will not function on modern Linux kernels.

It was built for 2.2/2.3
and prolly first gen ELF binarys too.