WG DOS telnet lag fix?

Post your requests and suggestions for features, add-ons, etc here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Deeter

WG DOS telnet lag fix?

Post by Deeter »

Something I just thought of...

I've been dealing for years with a workaround for DOS WG's telnet lag bug. I know I've got it on 1.01, and I think 2.0 may've been affected? It's the whole SackOpts registry thing with Window's networking and all that. You can change a reg option to make it not laggy and I'm running a simple telnet proxy on a 'fixed' machine. Anyway.

What I want to know is was there ever a fix released for this? My telnet proxy will only handle 30 users and while it's been a very long time since that's been an issue, it's still something that's kind of bugging me.

I remember reading a few days ago that somebody had put together a replacement telnet server but I can't for the life of me find the thread. Is that WG3/NT only?

Thanks!

The Storm

Post by The Storm »

According to: http://arcticzone.dyndns.org/products.htm
6/27/06 - Released ICO Updates For Worldgroup v3.xx, GALRLGND, Which Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run The Server On, GALRLGN - Adds Parameter Commands To Tell It Which Port To Connect To The Remote Machine On, GALTNTD - Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run The Server On.
TNTDUPD.ZIP - Galacticomm Telnet Daemon Update.

This Module Is A Galacticomm Telnet Daemon Update That Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run Your Telnet Server On. Now You Can Run Your Worldgroup Server In Telnet Mode On A Port Other Than 23.

NOTE: This Does Not Grant An Additional License From Galacticomm. You Still May Only Run 2 Copes Under The Same Registration# Unless Otherwise Granted By Them.
Both of these were for WG 3.xx NT. I didn't find anything for the WG2.00 Dos versions as of yet.
The Storm
DarkStar Development
telnet://thecrazyhousebbs.com
http://www.thecrazyhousebbs.com

dspain

Post by dspain »

The Storm wrote:According to: http://arcticzone.dyndns.org/products.htm
6/27/06 - Released ICO Updates For Worldgroup v3.xx, GALRLGND, Which Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run The Server On, GALRLGN - Adds Parameter Commands To Tell It Which Port To Connect To The Remote Machine On, GALTNTD - Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run The Server On.
TNTDUPD.ZIP - Galacticomm Telnet Daemon Update.

This Module Is A Galacticomm Telnet Daemon Update That Adds The Ability To Configure Which Port To Run Your Telnet Server On. Now You Can Run Your Worldgroup Server In Telnet Mode On A Port Other Than 23.

NOTE: This Does Not Grant An Additional License From Galacticomm. You Still May Only Run 2 Copes Under The Same Registration# Unless Otherwise Granted By Them.
Both of these were for WG 3.xx NT. I didn't find anything for the WG2.00 Dos versions as of yet.
i actually compiled it for DOS as well but thats WG3DOS
tested it ok under 3.00 and 3.12 i could always tinker with it and make the wg3 ico stuff compile under my WG2 dev but is gonna require alot of tweaking, me and rick chatted awhile back about the ico dos stuff but hes been so busy didnt wanna disturb him with simple stuff.
seems its a factor again ill see what me and him can work out as far as an ICO update for wg1/wg2

the lag factor is a serious one, but i just used majorTCP/IP when it became one, ill see what i can do.

try to get the complete suite of internet connectivity option stuff updated.