Project Status

Discuss ArcticZone add-ons here.

Moderators: dspain, Mod Squad

dspain

Project Status

Post by dspain »

just want to touch base on where we are/where we are headed:

Tele-Arena CLASSIC (WGNT) - Completed. this game is a replica of Tele-Arena GOLD, adding in the dwarven kingdom monsters and the stone passages, nothing else has been touched, it is exactly as it was when it was released in 1996 from Sean Ferrell to the best of my ability.

Tele-Arena CLASSIC Editor (WGNT) - BETA - this editor runs as a module and allows you to make changes directly to the game databases, where you then go in the game and type REINIT and it completely reinitializes the game with your new data.

Tele-Arena REBORN (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - this is a complete remake of Tele-Arena with a while ton of new features, a community project resides at telearena.boards.net for those wanting to get in on the action.

Tele-Arena MILLENIA (WGNT) - IN PROGRESS - this is a complete remake of TA97 exactly as it was during vircomm's days of development.

Galactic Empire (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - this is a port from Murdock's codebase for mbbs v6, it is currently being worked on as we speak and there should be something online to look at soon.

Tradewars II (WGNT) - BETA - not to be confused with TW2002 this is a port of the pascal/basic source code created by Chris Skurick and John Morris, this is based on the 500 sector team version.

Arctic Trivia (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - almost done this is my trivia addon that is like farwest trivia, answer questions earn points, etc....

Global Control - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - this is a full fledged globals package.

Global Actions - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - as the name states, send globals to anyone on the system.

Global Chat - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - chat on private global channels with users no matetr where they are on the system.

GALTCPIP 2.0 - (WGNT) - this is a port of galacticomm's tcpip engine for IPV6 functionality. this is in DEVELOPMENT.

i got another 10 or 12 modules on the back burner just ideas people have thrown at me to make for WG and i havent had a chance.
send any request i always respond.

i also have a demo system online at arcticzone.dyndns.org

my enormous file archive will be transferred over there soon as well as a mirror on my godaddy web hosting site for those wanting to use fast secure ftp transactions.

rmaniac

Post by rmaniac »

Will be great to see it, I am especially interested in seeing what gems you might have in your file library.

I logged onto Arctic Zone a couple days ago and the file libraries were empty and the only games up where two of the Tele-Arenas, is that normal or am I missing something?

Thanks for the update, any activity is good activity in my book!

dspain

Post by dspain »

rmaniac wrote:Will be great to see it, I am especially interested in seeing what gems you might have in your file library.

I logged onto Arctic Zone a couple days ago and the file libraries were empty and the only games up where two of the Tele-Arenas, is that normal or am I missing something?

Thanks for the update, any activity is good activity in my book!
thats normal, i originally had a huge bbs up for years but didnt have time to maintain it now i am only putting up a wgnt bbs with my addons or things i port on it as a demo & support system.

i will probably also put my wg2 bbs back online just for nostalgia.

Franchise_24

Re: Project Status

Post by Franchise_24 »

dspain wrote:just want to touch base on where we are/where we are headed:

Tele-Arena CLASSIC (WGNT) - Completed. this game is a replica of Tele-Arena GOLD, adding in the dwarven kingdom monsters and the stone passages, nothing else has been touched, it is exactly as it was when it was released in 1996 from Sean Ferrell to the best of my ability.

Tele-Arena CLASSIC Editor (WGNT) - BETA - this editor runs as a module and allows you to make changes directly to the game databases, where you then go in the game and type REINIT and it completely reinitializes the game with your new data.

Tele-Arena REBORN (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - this is a complete remake of Tele-Arena with a while ton of new features, a community project resides at telearena.boards.net for those wanting to get in on the action.

Tele-Arena MILLENIA (WGNT) - IN PROGRESS - this is a complete remake of TA97 exactly as it was during vircomm's days of development.

Galactic Empire (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - this is a port from Murdock's codebase for mbbs v6, it is currently being worked on as we speak and there should be something online to look at soon.

Tradewars II (WGNT) - BETA - not to be confused with TW2002 this is a port of the pascal/basic source code created by Chris Skurick and John Morris, this is based on the 500 sector team version.

Arctic Trivia (WGNT) - DEVELOPMENT - almost done this is my trivia addon that is like farwest trivia, answer questions earn points, etc....

Global Control - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - this is a full fledged globals package.

Global Actions - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - as the name states, send globals to anyone on the system.

Global Chat - (WGNT) - COMPLETED - chat on private global channels with users no matetr where they are on the system.

GALTCPIP 2.0 - (WGNT) - this is a port of galacticomm's tcpip engine for IPV6 functionality. this is in DEVELOPMENT.

i got another 10 or 12 modules on the back burner just ideas people have thrown at me to make for WG and i havent had a chance.
send any request i always respond.

i also have a demo system online at arcticzone.dyndns.org

my enormous file archive will be transferred over there soon as well as a mirror on my godaddy web hosting site for those wanting to use fast secure ftp transactions.
Don't forget, Tele-Arena is available to play on my BBS at darkside.dtdns.net.

On another note, whatever happened to the Mutants port you were working on? I still have that demo of the year 2000 map.
The DarkSide BBS
Telnet to darkside.dtdns.net
Active Tele-Arena & Mutants game!

rmaniac

Post by rmaniac »

Speaking of project updates, I noticed that Rick has not posted anything in about 4 months. That combined with main page going down without any fixes, even a "Sorry, we are broken, join us in the forums in the meantime" message, seems grim.

Has anyone been in touch with him? Is it just a busy time or has he thrown in the towel?

I hope all it well with you Rick!

Oh, and sorry for putting this here, since I am sure many people don't even know the forum is up, I wanted to post somewhere it would be seen.