Arctic Trivia

Discuss ArcticZone add-ons here.

Moderators: dspain, Mod Squad

dspain

Arctic Trivia

Post by dspain »

Arctic Trivia Version 1.0.0.2 BETA 1.0 released today.
this is the initial release with the core engine playable, and is being released for sysops to begin the feedback process of what needs to be added, changed, etc...

this uses a teleconference interface and scrolls the questions like Farwest trivia, the speed of the question ticker is customizable as well as how many times to scroll before going to the next question.
each question can be given a point value which users can tally up and compare to their all time best.
this beta does not save user data in case i have to make additions to the user database size, beta 1.1 is coming next which will add a top ten function as well as a monthly cleanup where scores will be reset and the monthly winner chosen.

future additions on the table include C/S support, Active-HTML support,
tournament mode where sysops can freeze everything and start a X minute tournament, and hooks into worldlink.

so try this beta out its TRIVB10.ZIP in the ISVARC file library.
DEMO mode will limit to 20 actions and 25 questions, if someone has a more active server and would like to test with a heavier load of data
PM me or contact me on azonebbs.dyndns.org

this module does not buffer data so it virtually causes no lag all Q&A is database driven and can be edited by using the command 'EDIT QUESTIONS'

lemme know how it goes.

Daniel

The Storm

Re: Arctic Trivia

Post by The Storm »

dspain wrote:Arctic Trivia Version 1.0.0.2 BETA 1.0 released today.
this is the initial release with the core engine playable, and is being released for sysops to begin the feedback process of what needs to be added, changed, etc...

this uses a teleconference interface and scrolls the questions like Farwest trivia, the speed of the question ticker is customizable as well as how many times to scroll before going to the next question.
each question can be given a point value which users can tally up and compare to their all time best.
this beta does not save user data in case i have to make additions to the user database size, beta 1.1 is coming next which will add a top ten function as well as a monthly cleanup where scores will be reset and the monthly winner chosen.

tournament mode where sysops can freeze everything and start a X minute tournament, and hooks into worldlink.

DEMO mode will limit to 20 actions and 25 questions, if someone has a more active server and would like to test with a heavier load of data

this module does not buffer data so it virtually causes no lag all Q&A is database driven and can be edited by using the command 'EDIT QUESTIONS'

lemme know how it goes.

Daniel
A lack of questions is what is causing problems with your beta...which I'm working on for you :D How much would it be for a code so that I could get beyond the 25 questions to make a good sized database? Also, 80 characters for questions seems small to me. Any way to increase this for future releases as I have tons of questions and answers? The questions are normally over the 80 character limit.
The Storm
DarkStar Development
telnet://thecrazyhousebbs.com
http://www.thecrazyhousebbs.com

dspain

Post by dspain »

The Storm wrote:

lemme know how it goes.

Daniel
A lack of questions is what is causing problems with your beta...which I'm working on for you :D How much would it be for a code so that I could get beyond the 25 questions to make a good sized database? Also, 80 characters for questions seems small to me. Any way to increase this for future releases as I have tons of questions and answers? The questions are normally over the 80 character limit.
yeah in workin on functionality i was focusing more on the working of the concept, getting everything to work the way it should.
ill generate ya a code PM me reg#

dspain

Post by dspain »

dspain wrote:
The Storm wrote:

lemme know how it goes.

Daniel
yeah in workin on functionality i was focusing more on the working of the concept, getting everything to work the way it should.
ill generate ya a code PM me reg#
ok the new beta is up and ready, i redid some core components so a full reinstall is required.

only bug i found was in the action api but not a crash issue.
PM me for a copy.

runs for 30 days but i added the ability to extend it to 90 days by inputting your bbs reg# as the act code then it will run in BETA mode for 90 days.

within that time frame is plenty time to work out all the kinks.