WorldLink still down...

General discussion regarding the project.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Franchise_24

WorldLink still down...

Post by Franchise_24 »

Any word when WorldLink is going to back online and working?

frcorey

Re: WorldLink still down...

Post by frcorey »

Franchise_24 wrote:Any word when WorldLink is going to back online and working?
and they wonder why no one likes to use worldlink...

Questman

Post by Questman »

I'm not sure why it's up. Chris (Newport) is running the server and his house was undergoing renovations, and the idiots cut the cable line. But it was repaired and he said it would be back up, yet, it isn't...

Ugh.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

What are the requirements for running a Worldlink server? I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with this extra server I have sitting here. I don't have a tremendous amount of bandwidth, but if that's not a problem, maybe I can set it up to run one. At least it can be an interim site until the main one is back online. And it couldn't hurt having a second server to connect to anyway. Just a thought...
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Questman

Post by Questman »

You just need the server software. It was never distributed and I'm not sure that I want to distribute it at this time. We're working on it - it's just finding an available spot. Newport's house is under construction and they cut his cable lines. So that all has to be repaired.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

I understand. That's what I was offering, a location to host it. Like I said, if bandwidth is an issue, this probably isn't a great location. Not sure how much it requires. But if it's a minimal amount and you just need a good server to run it on, I have that available.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Questman wrote:You just need the server software. It was never distributed and I'm not sure that I want to distribute it at this time. We're working on it - it's just finding an available spot. Newport's house is under construction and they cut his cable lines. So that all has to be repaired.
Wow so you mean this guy has been without cable/internet for well over a month now? If that's the case I'd go nuts.

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

Questman wrote:You just need the server software. It was never distributed and I'm not sure that I want to distribute it at this time. We're working on it - it's just finding an available spot. Newport's house is under construction and they cut his cable lines. So that all has to be repaired.
What does it take to run it? Do you have to install WG on the Server or is it a Stand-Alone small application. If it is a Stand-Alone App I could put it on my Dedicated Web Server (Dell PowerEdge Server with Windows 2008) that I pay 450.00 Per Month for. The Server has 99.99 Percent Up-Time and is at Enterprise Level 4, Regional Colocation and Data Center in Omaha Nebraska.

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

Syclops wrote:
What does it take to run it? Do you have to install WG on the Server or is it a Stand-Alone small application. If it is a Stand-Alone App I could put it on my Dedicated Web Server (Dell PowerEdge Server with Windows 2008) that I pay 450.00 Per Month for. The Server has 99.99 Percent Up-Time and is at Enterprise Level 4, Regional Colocation and Data Center in Omaha Nebraska.
I think it's a modual for worldgroup.
but he says he don't just want to hand it out.
I think it would be good for people to be able to run worldlink chat servers.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

frcorey wrote:
Syclops wrote:
Yah It's time for someone else to run it. Theres no way that guys been without internet for over 2 months. Let someone else take it over so we can BS in chatrooms again.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Franchise_24 wrote:
frcorey wrote:
Syclops wrote: What does it take to run it? Do you have to install WG on the Server or is it a Stand-Alone small application. If it is a Stand-Alone App I could put it on my Dedicated Web Server (Dell PowerEdge Server with Windows 2008) that I pay 450.00 Per Month for. The Server has 99.99 Percent Up-Time and is at Enterprise Level 4, Regional Colocation and Data Center in Omaha Nebraska.
Yah It's time for someone else to run it. Theres no way that guys been without internet for over 2 months. Let someone else take it over so we can BS in chatrooms again.
71.246.247.57 or worldlink.netvillage.com is the one i use on all my worldlink testing functionality in my addons.

banjaxster

Post by banjaxster »

I am still with the old worldlink that netvillage is running and its always up,I just never got around to switching to the one you people have or had.
There are about 5 or 6 realms still using it.
Sysop of CedarValley & CedarNet BBSes
CedarValley BBS online since Oct 1998 WG 3.20
CedarNet online since Oct 2005 WG 3.30

dspain

Post by dspain »

banjaxster wrote:I am still with the old worldlink that netvillage is running and its always up,I just never got around to switching to the one you people have or had.
yeah thats the one i use, i only connect when im testing Arctic Trivia's
communication over WL

Questman

Post by Questman »

Franchise_24 wrote:
Wow so you mean this guy has been without cable/internet for well over a month now? If that's the case I'd go nuts.
And phone, yes.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

banjaxster wrote:I am still with the old worldlink that netvillage is running and its always up,I just never got around to switching to the one you people have or had.
I switched over to this one on Sunday, my problem is I connect and I see everyone online, but there is no Teleconference Link up when I go into TC. I cannot join a WG channel or anything, just in my plain old empty TC. Why is that?

dspain

Post by dspain »

Franchise_24 wrote:
I switched over to this one on Sunday, my problem is I connect and I see everyone online, but there is no Teleconference Link up when I go into TC. I cannot join a WG channel or anything, just in my plain old empty TC. Why is that?
not sure, ill play with it see whats up.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

dspain wrote:
Franchise_24 wrote:
not sure, ill play with it see whats up.
Any luck?

Questman

Post by Questman »

My worldlink is modified. It'll get back online ASAP.

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

Questman wrote:My worldlink is modified. It'll get back online ASAP.
Whats it's address?

repstein

Post by repstein »

I'll be building a machine this weekend to service WorldLink.

Hopefully Rick can get me the module shortly thereafter and we'll be back online.

Randy

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

repstein wrote:I'll be building a machine this weekend to service WorldLink.

Hopefully Rick can get me the module shortly thereafter and we'll be back online.

Randy
8) :D
Stoneslinger
telnet://theswampbbs.net or http://theswampbbs.net

repstein

Post by repstein »

I finally built the new WorldLink hub server this weekend. It's online and ready to go but requires Rick to install the module needed.

I'm fairly sure he'll get to it this week, but I can't speak for him as he's as busy as I am with other projects.

As soon as it's ready, I'll post another message.

Thanks for your patience.

Randy

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

repstein wrote:I finally built the new WorldLink hub server this weekend. It's online and ready to go but requires Rick to install the module needed.

I'm fairly sure he'll get to it this week, but I can't speak for him as he's as busy as I am with other projects.

As soon as it's ready, I'll post another message.

Thanks for your patience.

Randy
Thats awesome. Can't wait to get back online and hopefully see people in Teleconference like we used to!! :-)

Questman

Post by Questman »

Sorry I was in Europe. I just have to get access to the existing server to copy the relevant data to the new server. That's been difficult as the current guy who has been hosting it hasn't given me access to get it...