World Link

Tele Link-Up, ChatLink, InterLink, WorldLink, Compass Chat - discuss linking here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

banjaxster

World Link

Post by banjaxster »

I noticed that my worldlink has started to work again even though I haven't
changed the connection address.
There were 3 bbses listed,has someone now taken over worldlink as the new hub?
I know maillink still isnt working last I knew mac was the previous hub for that or i havent gotten a message over it for a while.
Sysop of CedarValley & CedarNet BBSes
CedarValley BBS online since Oct 1998 WG 3.20
CedarNet online since Oct 2005 WG 3.30

Stoneslinger76

Re: World Link

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

banjaxster wrote:I noticed that my worldlink has started to work again even though I haven't
changed the connection address.
There were 3 bbses listed,has someone now taken over worldlink as the new hub?
I know maillink still isnt working last I knew mac was the previous hub for that or i havent gotten a message over it for a while.
Yes its back up, but in testing mode and you need a .dll update to connect. The server has moved to a temporary location. Questman or Newport can give you more information. You get into worldlink teleconferance on my bbs

theswampbbs.dyndns.org

or

tls.wetookyour.tv

gcommlive.com

elwynor.com
Stoneslinger
telnet://theswampbbs.net or http://theswampbbs.net

Questman

Post by Questman »

We're waiting for the permanent hub to be setup - we want a stable connection for it. It's been tested and works great!

You will need a newer DLL for it - I didn't change the version, so if you don't have the DLL, you'll be able to connect, but you won't get the general combined chat channel, which is what makes it worthwhile IMO. When it goes Live out of beta I'll probably bump the version to 4.01

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

Questman wrote:We're waiting for the permanent hub to be setup - we want a stable connection for it. It's been tested and works great!

You will need a newer DLL for it - I didn't change the version, so if you don't have the DLL, you'll be able to connect, but you won't get the general combined chat channel, which is what makes it worthwhile IMO. When it goes Live out of beta I'll probably bump the version to 4.01
great, I can't wait.
nate's wl server goes down more than my ex did....

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

Does WorldLink use a Specific Port #?? I'm behind a Router and I'm having trouble getting WorldLink to Connect and the only thing I can think of is I need 2-Way Communication through the Router.

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Syclops wrote:Does WorldLink use a Specific Port #?? I'm behind a Router and I'm having trouble getting WorldLink to Connect and the only thing I can think of is I need 2-Way Communication through the Router.
You will need the server information from Questman and the .dll update. No changes to your router required.
Stoneslinger

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

Stoneslinger76 wrote:
Syclops wrote:Does WorldLink use a Specific Port #?? I'm behind a Router and I'm having trouble getting WorldLink to Connect and the only thing I can think of is I need 2-Way Communication through the Router.
You will need the server information from Questman and the .dll update. No changes to your router required.
OK, where do I get that?

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Syclops wrote:
Stoneslinger76 wrote:
OK, where do I get that?
Questman wrote:We're waiting for the permanent hub to be setup - we want a stable connection for it. It's been tested and works great!

Questman will let everyone know when its completed testing.
Stoneslinger

Questman

Post by Questman »

Testing is done. Waiting for the new server to go up.

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

FYI: The new .DLL seem to make Worldlink Scheduler act a little wierd if you try to edit your WorldLink Settings through the WG Client Interface. I couldn't get it to save my Settings.

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Syclops wrote:FYI: The new .DLL seem to make Worldlink Scheduler act a little wierd if you try to edit your WorldLink Settings through the WG Client Interface. I couldn't get it to save my Settings.
Did you add the menu to the ansi menu tree? Then edit from local login. I have it set for 24 hr connect, max 10 connect attempts. Retry at 6 hr intervals if not connected. No minimum number of users.

Also thru the web interface
http//yourbbsname.com/worldlink-scheduler
http//yourbbsname.com/wl-forum-manager

The forum manager seems to work best from the WG client.

Also if your user want to turn off login information use ^LON or ^LOFF
Stoneslinger

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

I was able to use the ANSI Scheduler just fine, I was just letting you guys know that there is something a bit buggy with the WG Client Scheduler and the New .DLL. Prior to putting the New .DLL in, the WG Clent Scheduler worked just fine.

Questman

Post by Questman »

Odd. Didn't change anything related to the scheduler.

Malakai
Post by Malakai »

can i get the worldlink address for this? pm me if you don't want it public. the other worldlink address seems to be down again, permanently this time?

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Malakai wrote:can i get the worldlink address for this? pm me if you don't want it public. the other worldlink address seems to be down again, permanently this time?
The old server is gone. Questman can help you, or Newport (tls.wetookyour.tv) can help you with the new server address and updates.
Stoneslinger

Malakai
Post by Malakai »

i got it on now.. thanks..

banjaxster

worldlink address

Post by banjaxster »

yes please can some post the new address here
Sysop of CedarValley & CedarNet BBSes
CedarValley BBS online since Oct 1998 WG 3.20
CedarNet online since Oct 2005 WG 3.30

Questman

Post by Questman »

Please connect to worldlink.themajorbbs.com

In order to get the full benefit, you'll have to use this patched Worldlink teleconference client:

http://www.themajorbbs.com/worldgroup/p ... altlcw.zip

HOWTO:
- Just put the DLL from that ZIP file into your Worldgroup (NT) directory.
- Make sure your Worldlink configurations are set to UNRESTRICTED
- Make sure your Worldlink teleconference is set to go to the Worldlink channel by default for a user, rather than local

This will let you participate in the new "WorldLink" channel - a general channel that everyone will default to..

Thanks to Newport from The Light Source for hosting the server.

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Questman wrote:
HOWTO:
- Make sure your Worldlink teleconference is set to go to the Worldlink channel by default for a user, rather than local

I have noticed many bbs are not connected for midnight to 6 am (Eastern Daylight time) The defualt settings for connect times needs to be tweaked after your install it.
Stoneslinger

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

Stoneslinger76 wrote:
Questman wrote:
HOWTO:

I have noticed many bbs are not connected for midnight to 6 am (Eastern Daylight time) The defualt settings for connect times needs to be tweaked after your install it.
You guys just need to set your connections to 23:59 and 00:00 and it will stay connected 24/7 and re-connect automatically after cleanup.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Questman wrote:Please connect to worldlink.themajorbbs.com

In order to get the full benefit, you'll have to use this patched Worldlink teleconference client:

http://www.themajorbbs.com/worldgroup/p ... altlcw.zip

HOWTO:

This will let you participate in the new "WorldLink" channel - a general channel that everyone will default to..

Thanks to Newport from The Light Source for hosting the server.
I was checking into this and I looked at every world link option I could find and I don't see where I can change the server address. Always wants to connect to hub.wl.org.

Malakai
Post by Malakai »

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Found a way to edit the host name, but it gives an ERROR on the DNS lookup and will not connect. Anymore ideas?

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

Franchise_24 wrote: I was checking into this and I looked at every world link option I could find and I don't see where I can change the server address. Always wants to connect to hub.wl.org.
Check all of the offline config settings in General Setup and Security & Accounting, then start up the bbs and login.
You can change in the worldlink scheduler, hit W from the main menu that will take you to the scheduler and dialing variables. Set the conect times and reconnect options, 24-7 connect is best. Also ^? for worldlink help with user comands.
Stoneslinger

Questman

Post by Questman »

Thanks to Newport - the server is back up.

Your BBSes probably hit their redial max - just go into schedule configuration and make a marginal change to each day's schedule (change the start time by a minute or something) and have it reconnect.

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

Is there a master list of all the available Worldlink forums? I know there isn't a whole lot of activity on them now but I would like to set some of them up anyway. Also, how long does the hub keep messages stored? I am guessing that's why I can't get older ones to download, only the newer ones.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

Jamiec

Worldlink

Post by Jamiec »

Is worldlink down? My bbs has not been able to connect. I think it started in January sometime. I emailed rick but i guess he has been busy.

Thanks Jamie

Questman

Post by Questman »

Yes - the server link was severed by overzealous contractors doing an addition on a house. Unfortunately, it still isn't back up - I'll contact the guy running it again.

repstein

Post by repstein »

finally built the new WorldLink hub server this weekend. It's online and ready to go but requires Rick to install the module needed.

I'm fairly sure he'll get to it this week, but I can't speak for him as he's as busy as I am with other projects.

As soon as it's ready, I'll post another message.

Thanks for your patience.

Randy

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

repstein wrote:finally built the new WorldLink hub server this weekend. It's online and ready to go but requires Rick to install the module needed.

I'm fairly sure he'll get to it this week, but I can't speak for him as he's as busy as I am with other projects.

As soon as it's ready, I'll post another message.

Thanks for your patience.

Randy
Any news of getting it running?

repstein

Post by repstein »

Waiting on Rick. I spoke to him last night briefly about it and he stated he still needed to get the tarball off the existing server. No idea if he actually was able to.

Rick?

Randy
Last edited by repstein on Thu May 20, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

Isn't it frustrating?

There are so many of us with the knowhow, ability, server space, and bandwidth to run this. But we're still stuck waiting...
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

Franchise_24

Any news?

Post by Franchise_24 »

What's the word Rick? We wanna get this thing rolling so we can hang out in TC again <G> :lol:

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Anything...? :lol:

VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

cricket---cricket---
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

Franchise_24

Ready?

Post by Franchise_24 »

Hey Rick how is that Worldgroup server coming? I hate connecting to the other one because I have the new .DLL and I have no linked TC :-( Really want to get back to using yours.

Thanks,
Neal

Questman

Post by Questman »

The new server is ready (Thank you Randy!) but I just have to copy the latest WL server over to it.

I was in Europe the past two weeks and just got back so I'll try to harass the guy who has it to get me access so I can put this up. This has gone on entirely too long.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Questman wrote:The new server is ready (Thank you Randy!) but I just have to copy the latest WL server over to it.

I was in Europe the past two weeks and just got back so I'll try to harass the guy who has it to get me access so I can put this up. This has gone on entirely too long.
Sweet, glad you're back, we're all waiting patiently. I sent you an email on another subject last week, so I would assume that's why you haven't replied yet, understandable. What were you doing in Europe?

SouthernCross

World Link

Post by SouthernCross »

Hi Everyone, this is Southerncross for Hated Reality. I am interested in joining the Worldlink as well. I have put the new DLL changed the phone number to wordlink.majorbbs.com but I cannot connect to it. Is there another setting I am missing?

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

SouthernCross wrote:Hi Everyone, this is Southerncross for Hated Reality. I am interested in joining the Worldlink as well. I have put the new DLL changed the phone number to wordlink.majorbbs.com but I cannot connect to it. Is there another setting I am missing?
If your running the new dll for worldlink you will have to wait till the server is back up. Questman just returned from Europe and is working to get it back online.
Stoneslinger

frcorey

Post by frcorey »

SouthernCross wrote:Hi Everyone, this is Southerncross for Hated Reality. I am interested in joining the Worldlink as well. I have put the new DLL changed the phone number to wordlink.majorbbs.com but I cannot connect to it. Is there another setting I am missing?
err, I think it's WORLDLINK. lol
where do we get the new dll?

Stoneslinger76

Post by Stoneslinger76 »

frcorey wrote:
:lol: Where else.... Questman
Stoneslinger

Syclops

Post by Syclops »

frcorey wrote:
I see that it is posted for download above, not that it will do you any good. :(

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Cummon Rick, are you really going to make us start begging?! It's time to get Worldlink running <G>

SouthernCross

Link Ups

Post by SouthernCross »

anyone know the status? It has been a little bit.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

I sent him a personal e-mail yesterday to see if I could get an update, I'll let you know what he says.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

Franchise_24 wrote:I sent him a personal e-mail yesterday to see if I could get an update, I'll let you know what he says.
I still have never heard back, maybe he is out of the country again.

tonicfan

Re: Link Ups

Post by tonicfan »

SouthernCross wrote:anyone know the status? It has been a little bit.
For now connect to worldlink.netvillage.com
There are only about 6 systems on it, but that's what I did. Maybe if we get more systems on it it will be more active? Mostly MUDders tho.

Franchise_24

Re: Link Ups

Post by Franchise_24 »

tonicfan wrote:
SouthernCross wrote:anyone know the status? It has been a little bit.
For now connect to worldlink.netvillage.com
There are only about 6 systems on it, but that's what I did. Maybe if we get more systems on it it will be more active? Mostly MUDders tho.
Problem is, I have that updated .DLL file and when I goto TC I am not in a linked up TC, Im just in the main channel, so it does me no good when I am linked up.

Franchise_24

Post by Franchise_24 »

I think Rick has fell off the face of the earth, or is not checking the forums in the last month+...