Weird problem with WG 3.3NT

Major BBS or Worldgroup - get and give support here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

solrosin

Weird problem with WG 3.3NT

Post by solrosin »

I'm having a really odd problem with Worldgroup 3.3. If I assign a user class to someone that has certain keys in it, the BBS ignores the keys. :? Even if I give those keys to the user specifically, it still ignores them. The only thing that gives access to a user is a MASTER key, and of course that isn't acceptable. All of my "user" class users are stuck with DEMO access even though they have the keys that should escalate their access. If anyone has any insight as to why, I'd appreciate the help.

Ragtop

Re: Weird problem with WG 3.3NT

Post by Ragtop »

solrosin wrote:I'm having a really odd problem with Worldgroup 3.3. If I assign a user class to someone that has certain keys in it, the BBS ignores the keys. :? Even if I give those keys to the user specifically, it still ignores them. The only thing that gives access to a user is a MASTER key, and of course that isn't acceptable. All of my "user" class users are stuck with DEMO access even though they have the keys that should escalate their access. If anyone has any insight as to why, I'd appreciate the help.
Are you using an older version of Dialsoft Control? That sounds like a problem I've read about with it. You either need to upgrade to he latest version or disable it altogether.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

solrosin

Post by solrosin »

OK, next problem. CONTROL 5.62 (after updating it) immediately causes WG 3.3 to crash if I try to load it. Something about an unrecognized errorlevel (-1073741819) returned from WGSERVER.EXE. It doesn't happen when I disable CONTROL 5.62. Any ideas? I even removed and re-installed CONTROL in case it was a file mix-up.

VeNoM

Post by VeNoM »

Ragtop wrote:
solrosin wrote:I'm having a really odd problem with Worldgroup 3.3. If I assign a user class to someone that has certain keys in it, the BBS ignores the keys. :? Even if I give those keys to the user specifically, it still ignores them. The only thing that gives access to a user is a MASTER key, and of course that isn't acceptable. All of my "user" class users are stuck with DEMO access even though they have the keys that should escalate their access. If anyone has any insight as to why, I'd appreciate the help.
Are you using an older version of Dialsoft Control? That sounds like a problem I've read about with it. You either need to upgrade to he latest version or disable it altogether.
I had this exact same problem, it was dialsoft control causing the problem.
<VeNoM>
--
SysOp: The Underground BBS

Ragtop

Post by Ragtop »

solrosin wrote:OK, next problem. CONTROL 5.62 (after updating it) immediately causes WG 3.3 to crash if I try to load it. Something about an unrecognized errorlevel (-1073741819) returned from WGSERVER.EXE. It doesn't happen when I disable CONTROL 5.62. Any ideas? I even removed and re-installed CONTROL in case it was a file mix-up.
This one I'm not sure about. I don't use Control, I've only read about your other problem before. You should probably contact Dialsoft and see if they can help you. And let us know what you find out, in case someone else runs into this in the future.
Ragtop
The Adept BBS
http://www.adeptbbs.com
telnet://adeptbbs.com

dspain

Post by dspain »

you using any access control add ons? if not be sure the user relogs after adding keys to their account class so the keyring is reloaded.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Ragtop wrote:
i too remember a weird problem with control could be an offline EXE that may need to be ran first like tw2002.

dspain

Post by dspain »

VeNoM wrote:
Ragtop wrote:
I had this exact same problem, it was dialsoft control causing the problem.
control has definitely caused some issues but I've noticed a system or 2 running it fine there could be an offline setup utility to initialize everything, when i installed it seemed nothing in the default wg security worked.