option to disable new signups?

Major BBS or Worldgroup - get and give support here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Iceman

option to disable new signups?

Post by Iceman »

Well I've spent quite a while trying to find the option to disable new signups and I can't for the life of me find it... my system lines are almost full and I need to stop new signups in the next few days.

and if anyone knows that option, is there a textblock message associated with that rejection option, so I can try to edit on a few other BBS's they could try telnet'ing into.

It'd probably right in front of me and searching just isn't working.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

I think I might have finally found it lol... started at the very top again going through all the options...

under security & accounting - core security & accounting - SAMPLN

seems if you set this option fro "256" to "0" it says new users will only be allowed to signup on channel "00" which is the local console... so I'm guessing that is the option, since the next item under that is the key to assign to users to allow them to logon to any channel...

if uhhh anyone knows otherwise let me know, otherwise I guess in a couple days I'll probably find out if this works.

dspain

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:I think I might have finally found it lol... started at the very top again going through all the options...

seems if you set this option fro "256" to "0" it says new users will only be allowed to signup on channel "00" which is the local console... so I'm guessing that is the option, since the next item under that is the key to assign to users to allow them to logon to any channel...

if uhhh anyone knows otherwise let me know, otherwise I guess in a couple days I'll probably find out if this works.
yes set all new signups to channel X

if they are just looking to play TA let me know i got CLASSIC and REBORN both ready for players, CLASSIC has a decent userbase right now whereas REBORN is brand new and i havent opened up the testing yet.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

dspain wrote:
Iceman wrote:I think I might have finally found it lol... started at the very top again going through all the options...

if they are just looking to play TA let me know i got CLASSIC and REBORN both ready for players, CLASSIC has a decent userbase right now whereas REBORN is brand new and i havent opened up the testing yet.
Well I'm still looking to install TA myself for a few mudders who want a break once in a while heh... is there a stable classic version that can be released yet to other systems or is it still just your own private copy?

whats the telnet domain for the system running TA...

Once I shut off new signups I had planned to list a few telnet addresses on the rejection message for MajorMUD, TW2002, and I guess I could add TA as well to that for people who might remember it but had only been coming to me for mud... (google has me ranked as the 4th option now when you google the word majormud, first when they google majormud bbs or free majormud.)

dspain

Post by dspain »

Iceman wrote:
dspain wrote:

Well I'm still looking to install TA myself for a few mudders who want a break once in a while heh... is there a stable classic version that can be released yet to other systems or is it still just your own private copy?

whats the telnet domain for the system running TA...

Once I shut off new signups I had planned to list a few telnet addresses on the rejection message for MajorMUD, TW2002, and I guess I could add TA as well to that for people who might remember it but had only been coming to me for mud... (google has me ranked as the 4th option now when you google the word majormud, first when they google majormud bbs or free majormud.)
classic has been stable, i just need the ok from Rick to sell to other systems
only thing my classic dont do yet is allow ya to throw projectile weapons or track peple other than that it is very playable, im running a live test version at zenithbbs.sytes.net.

and the new reborn coming out is very nice, added a ton of new stuff, areas, races, classes, etc....